[DDI-users] Create PDF Codebook

Olof Olsson olof.olsson at snd.gu.se
Thu May 2 09:20:00 EDT 2019

Hi Amber!
The nesstar codebook is done via a DDI-C -> XSLT -> XML-FO -> PDF transformation.

It was developed by Pascal Heus in 2006 and used in nesstar webview and publisher.
A staff member at SND have done some fixes and restructure of it an published as a part of the ddi-xslt package:
https://github.com/MetadataTransform/ddi-xslt/tree/master/ddi-fo

Link to the full xslt file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MetadataTransform/ddi-xslt/master/ddi-fo/dditofo_complete.xsl

To run this you need apache fop https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/

Example of transformation:
fop -xml ddifile.xml -xsl dditofo_complete.xsl -pdf pdffile.pdf

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Olof