[DDI-users] Create PDF Codebook

Amber Leahey amber.leahey at utoronto.ca
Wed May 1 11:35:34 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone in the community can help us out. We would like to generate PDF Codebooks from DDI XML that is generated by a new tool we are developing for use in Dataverse.

The tool allows users to enhance variable metadata for datasets deposited in the Dataverse repository. A prototype interface is available here<https://scholarsportal.github.io/Dataverse-Data-Curation-Tool/?uri=https://dataverse.scholarsportal.info/api/access/datafile/40620/metadata/ddi>.

We really like the style of the Codebook generated by tools such as Nesstar, does anyone know of any existing code for us to reuse? I've attached a sample Nesstar Codebook in case you are wondering.

Thanks in advance,
Amber Leahey
Data & GIS Librarian
Scholars Portal, Ontario Council of University Libraries
416 978 7217
amber.leahey at utoronto.ca<mailto:amber.leahey at utoronto.ca>