[EB] recoding occupation measures

domm at iue.it domm at iue.it
Mon Nov 5 10:44:27 EST 2001

Dear all,

I am currently using EB 42 to investigate non-attitudes towards
European integration.

In the course of this work, I hope to construct an ordinal measure
of occupation, whereas the Eurobarometer survey in question
includes only a categorical measure of occupation.  I was
wondering if anyone on this list knows of any procedure to
transform Eurobarometer categorical occupation data into
something closer to an ISCO or ISEI classification scheme.

oh, and if anyone else is investigating non-attitudes towards
European integration I would certainly be interested to hear from
them.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Yours,

Rory Domm

---------
Rory Domm
Researcher
Department of Social and Political Sciences
European University Institute
Via dei Roccettini, 9
San Domenico di Fiesole I - 50016
Italy