[EB] recoding occupation measures

I.P.P.van.Lelyveld at DNB.NL I.P.P.van.Lelyveld at DNB.NL
Tue Nov 6 03:09:04 EST 2001

Dear Rory,

It is not clear to me what non-attitudes are but you might want to take a
look at

HAYO, B. (1998): "Knowledge and Attitude Towards European Monetary Union,"
Journal of Policy Modelling

Regards,

Iman

                    domm at iue.it
                    Sent by:                         To:     eurobarometer at icpsr.umich.edu
                    owner-eurobarometer at icpsr        cc:
                    .umich.edu                       Subject:     [EB] recoding occupation measures

                    05-11-2001 16:44
                    Please respond to
                    eurobarometer

Dear all,

I am currently using EB 42 to investigate non-attitudes towards
European integration.

In the course of this work, I hope to construct an ordinal measure
of occupation, whereas the Eurobarometer survey in question
includes only a categorical measure of occupation.  I was
wondering if anyone on this list knows of any procedure to
transform Eurobarometer categorical occupation data into
something closer to an ISCO or ISEI classification scheme.

oh, and if anyone else is investigating non-attitudes towards
European integration I would certainly be interested to hear from
them.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Yours,

Rory Domm

---------
Rory Domm
Researcher
Department of Social and Political Sciences
European University Institute
Via dei Roccettini, 9
San Domenico di Fiesole I - 50016
Italy

Cell. +39 329 2025898

`Externe E-Mail wordt door DNB niet gebruikt voor het aangaan van
verplichtingen`

`Any e-mail messages from The Nederlandsche Bank are given in good faith
but shall not be binding nor shall they be construed as constituting any
obligation
on the part of the Bank.`