[EB] stark

Sven Quenter quenter at mailer.uni-marburg.de
Wed May 6 10:57:15 EDT 1998

J. Michael Schmitt wrote:

> I am interested in thoughts on German elections and the future of the
> Euro, if without Germaany (ala Schroder). Also, what are national polls
> saying?
>
>         J. Michael Schmitt
>
> Indiana University - Indianapolis

The results of the 1994 BUNDESTAG (re-calculated to the 1998 district
borders) are available - in German - from the Statistische Bundesamt (
http://www.statistik-bund.de/wahlen ) ; since begin of May some structural
data on the 328 districticts are available as well.

Unfortunately the number chrunchers in Wiesbaden publish the very detailed
(they are more detailed than the reports in the EJPR Data Yearbook)
results on 328 (!!) separate pages. I created two  SAS data files  (rel.
6.12 for Windows 95 / NT) that I would send to anybody who is interested
by e-mail.

The results of the last state election in SACHSEN-ANHALT are available - in
German - at  http://www.stala.sachsen-anhalt.de/lw98
Like their counterparts in Wiesbaden the statisticians in Magdeburg prefer
to create n tables (with n being the number of electoral districts).

Sven Quenter

Sven Quenter
Philipps-University Marburg
Institute of Political Science