[DDI-users] Indicate type of file in DDI Codebook

LENOIR Julie julie.lenoir at ined.fr
Fri Oct 15 06:32:09 EDT 2021

Dear all,

Some colleagues and I, working with DDI Codebook, were asked to indicate in the metadata whether the data file in question is made available as scientific use file, public use file, or other types of files. In the context this field is required, we would need to avoid children of the <fileDscr> element.

Do you have any advice / experience on where to indicate that type of information ?

Best,

Julie

Julie LENOIR

IT - surveys, data dissemination

Institut National d'Etudes Démographiques (INED)

Service des enquêtes et des sondages, DataLab

Bureau : 2.085 | Tel : 01.56.06.20.64