[DDI-users] [IASST-L] Question for DDI and or Nesstar Publisher users: Is there a way to reference content across DDI codebook studies?

Sanda Ionescu sandai at umich.edu
Thu Jul 6 13:48:40 EDT 2017

Hi, Chifundo.

In DDI Codebook you can reference a(n external) file using the URI
attribute in File Description (see documentation below).
However I believe it is not possible to do this within Nesstar. I am pretty
sure Nesstar does not support this attribute.
So you would have to add the URL outside of Nesstar and figure out a way to
retrieve the actual files using the URL.

Best,
Sanda.

*"<fileDscr> Data Files Description*

   - Optional
   - Repeatable
   - Attributes: ID, xml:lang, source
   <http://www.ddialliance.org/Specification/DDI-Codebook/2.1/DTD/Documentation/codeBook.html>,
   URI, sdatrefs, methrefs, pubrefs, access

collection. This section can be repeated for collections with multiple
files.

The "URI" attribute may be a URN or a URL that can be used to retrieve the
file. "

Sanda Ionescu
ICPSR
University of Michigan