[DDI-users] Variable representation

Mary Vardigan vardigan at umich.edu
Wed Apr 15 07:24:41 EDT 2009

Remi,

Regarding the multiple choice issue, I asked one of the original developers of Nesstar about this because I recalled that it came up. Here is what he said:

“I remember that we were looking for an elegant  DDI-solution for this, but we did not find one. It is really tricky as the only system independent way of storing multiple choice variables is as a group of individual variables. In fact what we did in Nesstar was to use the  variable group element as a container and one of the alternatives of the variable group type attribute to indicate that this was a multiple response group.”

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Mary