[DDI-users] Variable representation

Rémi Dewitte remi at gide.net
Wed Apr 15 05:56:19 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am going on working with DDI and here some of the questions I raised.

It is common for a numeric variable, say body height for a respondent, to
also have some non-response codes defined. NumericRepresentationType does
not allow to reference a code scheme. Where to write these codes ?

In our surveys, we have some "multichoice" questions, where do we write
using DDI that the variable can have more than one values ? Sometimes the
values are ordered, is there a place to say this ?

Thanks a lot,

Rémi