[ICPSR] ICPSR Bulletin: Everything you need for International Love Data Week 2023 (Feb. 13-17)

Dory Knight-Ingram dkni at umich.edu
Thu Feb 9 12:31:26 EST 2023

Your newsletter for all things ICPSR!
February 2023   |   Vol. 43, No. 2
*Everything you need to navigate International Love Data Week 2023 (Feb.
13-17)!*
[image: International Love Data Week, Proudly hosted by ICPSR, Feb. 13-17,
2023]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=96b9cd0922&e=e234a716ba>

*ICPSR is honored to be the host of International Love Data Week 2023 (Feb.
13-17)! *This year's theme is "Data: Agent of Change." Love Data Week is
about inspiring your community to use data to bring about changes that
matter. Policy change, environmental change, social change ... we can move
mountains with the right data guiding our decisions! This year, we are
focused on helping new and seasoned data users find data training and other
resources that can help move the needle on the issues they care about.
Below is everything you need to navigate the week’s activities.

   -

   *International events:* Find out who's doing what for Love Data Week
   around the world, and sign up to join in the fun! [More
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=0ff8f959fa&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   -

   *ICPSR events: *Adopt a Dataset returns! We also have an excellent
   webinar lineup, which includes “Curating and Visualizing Inspiration
   through Data: The Places and People that Connect Katherine Dunham’s
   Repertory,” “Navigating the New NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy with
   ICPSR's NIH-funded Projects: DSDR, NACDA, and NAHDAP,” and “Loving
   Longitudinal Data: Added Value Access to NACDA Collections Using the NACDA
   Colectica Portal.” [More
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=63aa727bfc&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   -

   *Shareable Resources Toolkit:* Social media images, Zoom backgrounds,
   stickers, and other resources below to spread the word about your own Love
   Data Week events and activities. These are freely and publicly available to
   download for use in newsletters, printed flyers, virtual meetings, and any
   other Love Data Week-related activities. [More
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=822da881da&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   -

   *Contact the Love Data Week committee* at LoveDataWeek at umich.edu
   <LoveDataWeek at umich.edu?subject=Contact%20the%20Love%20Data%20Week%20committee>
   .
   -

   Finally, don't forget to use #LoveData23 when you post on social media!

International #LoveData23 Landing Page
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=85807be50e&e=e234a716ba>
Faces of ICPSR: Alison Sweet

*[image: Meet Alison Sweet]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=087c8d37bf&e=e234a716ba>Q:*
*What
is a favorite memory or instance you have working at ICPSR? What makes
ICPSR a great place to work?*

*A*: Aside from the super cool people that work here and the collaborative
environment we have, even virtually ... I truly appreciate the support that
ICPSR works hard to provide for people, including those with disabilities.
In any work environment, especially right out of college, I had to advocate
and fight to get access to information and accommodations I needed to work,
and ICPSR was the first and one of the few willing to ensure I had
equitable access to information and opportunity to participate in the work
environment. They continue to do so and check in with me. So, I'll always
be grateful for this aspect of ICPSR, amongst all others. One of my
favorite memories of ICPSR is realizing this unexpected fact, even during
the first days.

*Full interview:* Get to know more about Alison
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=12efe71e1b&e=e234a716ba>

*Join our team: *Check out current ICPSR job openings
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=5010ad0e19&e=e234a716ba>
In Case You Missed It
[image: ICYMI - preview images from content below]

   - *Feb 17-21, 2023: *Creating Change 2023 conference-RCMD Booth Exhibit
   Hall [More
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=567ec2531c&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - *Feb. 23, 2023:* Webinar: Key Takeaways from ASTHO’s 2019 Profile
   Survey on State and Territorial Public Health [Register
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=0030ba4656&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - *Feb. 24, 2023: *ICPSR Council Nominations Due [More
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=a3102ca748&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - *March 2-5, 2023: *Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL)
   Conference- Booth #526 Exhibit Hall [More
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=229725bbc8&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - *May-August 2023: *ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods [More
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=99b4efa5ea&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - *Oct. 4-6, 2023: *Save the Date: ICPSR Biennial Meeting [More
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=ec518d0630&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - *Call for Proposals:* CSWEP-SSRC Women in Economics Research
   Consortium [More
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=da2916fa29&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - The Social, Behavioral, and Economic COVID Coordinating Center (SBE
   CCC) Awards New Pilot Project Grants [Full story
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=fec79f6089&e=e234a716ba>
   ]

More Opportunities

Join events, search job opportunities, find or share data, or subscribe to
ICPSR Announcements.
ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=e68efcf7f1&e=e234a716ba>
Current Events in the ICPSR Bibliography
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=5e8340286c&e=e234a716ba>
Coming Up from ICPSR: Events, Jobs, and More!
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=f7c8bb8ca4&e=e234a716ba>
Find Newly Released Data
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=d3bb2a116e&e=e234a716ba>
Share Your Data With ICPSR
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=2b4bd4088e&e=e234a716ba>
Subscribe to ICPSR Email Updates
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=0e3327f3f9&e=e234a716ba>
Data Brunch—A Podcast from ICPSR
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=5a7cc8831e&e=e234a716ba>

For previous editions, see the archive
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=feb05ea1ac&e=e234a716ba>
of
ICPSR Bulletin Newsletters.

To contact the *ICPSR Bulletin* editor, email Dory Knight-Ingram
<dkni at umich.edu?subject=ICPSR%20Bulletin%20Newsletter>.
[image: Facebook]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=a1c7497ca2&e=e234a716ba>
[image: Twitter]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=90ed37a33d&e=e234a716ba>
[image: Website]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=ab44f6dbc0&e=e234a716ba>
[image: Instagram]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=39b06bcae6&e=e234a716ba>
[image: YouTube]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=6d1b53a659&e=e234a716ba>
Copyright © 2022 Regents of the University of Michigan

*Our mailing address is:*
ICPSR
University of Michigan
Institute for Social Research
P.O. Box 1248
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-1248

Send questions or comments to ICPSR-help at umich.edu.

Did someone forward you this email? Join the ICPSR Announce email list
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=865a013b5f&e=e234a716ba>
.

<ICPSR-help at umich.edu>.*