[ICPSR] Reminder: ICPSR Awards Nominations Due April 30

Linda Detterman lindamd at umich.edu
Mon Apr 19 09:08:18 EDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

As part of its mission to support the social and behavioral sciences, ICPSR
presents
biennial awards to individuals who have distinguished themselves in their
service to the
social science community. We are seeking your nominations for these two
awards.

The *Warren E. Miller Award for Meritorious Service to the Social Sciences*
was
initiated in 1993 to recognize individuals who have had a profound impact
on social
science research and infrastructure. Warren E. Miller, a founder of ICPSR
and its first
Executive Director, demonstrated throughout his career exemplary service to
the social
science community and a talent for building institutions that have survived
beyond his
direct involvement and continue to prosper.

The *William H. Flanigan Award for Distinguished Service* as an ICPSR
Representative was established in 1995 and acknowledges significant
contributions of
individuals representing ICPSR member institutions. The award is named
after William
H. Flanigan, who served as ICPSR Official Representative from the
University of
Minnesota for 37 years, from ICPSR's inception in 1963 until 2000. He also
served as
Chair of the ICPSR Council from 1991 to 1993.

Visit our ICPSR awards
<https://www.icpsr.umich.edu/web/pages/about/awards/index.html> page for
more information on previous award recipients.

The ICPSR Prizes Committee is constituted in odd numbered years to select
candidates
for these awards. We are fortunate to have these members join me on the
committee
for 2021: James Doiron (University of Alberta) and Trevon Logan (The Ohio
State
University), ICPSR Council representatives; Judith Torney-Purta (University
of Maryland
College Park) and Ron Nakao (Stanford University), previous Miller Award
Recipient
and Flanigan Award Recipient, respectively.

Please submit your nominations via this Google form:
https://forms.gle/kzMonXaysbp166Y77

We greatly appreciate a brief summary of the individual's qualifications
and explanation
of why the nominee is a worthy recipient. The Prizes committee will
consider the
nominations, make a final determination of the award winners, and inform
ICPSR
Council of their decision. The awards will be given during the ICPSR
Biennial Meeting of
Official Representatives held (virtually) October 6-8, 2021, in Ann Arbor,
Michigan.

*ICPSR Awards Nominations are due no later than April 30.*

We welcome your recommendations of outstanding individuals for these two
awards.

Sincerely,

Maggie Levenstein
Director, ICPSR