[ICPSR] Call for ICPSR Awards Nominations

Linda Detterman lindamd at umich.edu
Thu Mar 16 09:57:07 EDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

As part of its mission to support the social and behavioral sciences, ICPSR
presents biennial awards to individuals who have distinguished themselves
in their service to the social science and data communities. We are seeking
your nominations for these two awards.

The Warren E. Miller Award for Meritorious Service to the Social Sciences
was initiated in 1993 to recognize individuals who have had a profound
impact on social science research and infrastructure. Warren E. Miller, a
founder of ICPSR and its first Executive Director, demonstrated throughout
his career exemplary service to the social science community and a talent
for building institutions that have survived beyond his direct involvement
and continue to prosper.

The William H. Flanigan Award for Distinguished Service as an ICPSR
Representative was established in 1995 and acknowledges significant
contributions of individuals representing ICPSR member institutions. The
award is named after William H. Flanigan, who served as ICPSR Official
Representative from the University of Minnesota for 37 years, from ICPSR's
inception in 1963 until 2000. He also served as Chair of the ICPSR Council
from 1991 to 1993.

Visit our ICPSR awards
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/content/membership/awards/index.html> page
for more information on previous award recipients.

Please send your nominations to this special email address: mf-awards at icpsr.
umich.edu

We greatly appreciate a brief summary of the individual's qualifications
and explanation of why the nominee is a worthy recipient. The Prizes
committee, composed of Council members and former awards winners, will
consider the nominations, make a final determination of the award winners,
and inform ICPSR Council of their decision. The awards will be given during
the ICPSR Biennial Meeting of Official Representatives held October 11-13,
2017, in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

*Nominations are due no later than April 30, 2017.*

We welcome your recommendations of outstanding individuals for these two
awards.

Sincerely,

Maggie Levenstein

Director, ICPSR