[ICPSR] 2012-2013 Annual Report Released; New Strategic Plan Website Online

Mark Thompson-Kolar mdmtk at umich.edu
Tue Jan 14 13:31:42 EST 2014

*2012-2013 ICPSR Annual Report Released*

ICPSR's 2012-2013 annual report (PDF 2.6 MB) is now available at
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/files/membership/or/annualreport/AR2012-2013.pdf.
The report documents an innovative and productive year in which membership
grew to 724, an increase of 19 over the prior year.

The report also describes progress with new or ongoing initiatives
including:

   - ICPSR's Alfred P. Sloan Foundation-funded Building Community
   Engagement project
   - Our support for increased public access to data related to the
   president's Office of Science and Technology Policy 2013 memorandum on
   federally funded scientific research
   - Efforts toward updating of the ICPSR Strategic Plan
   - Substantial redesign of the ICPSR website to improve its organization
   and augment its features

Other highlights include record enrollment in the ICPSR Summer Program,
along with an increased number of courses offered; strong results for
students in the Summer Internship program; ICPSR's presentation of a large
number of webinars; and significant growth in
visits to the ICPSR website.

Overall revenue topped $18.8 million, and membership dues income, which
totaled $3.7 million, rose 6 percent from fiscal 2012. ICPSR had a fund
balance of $5.6 million at the end of the fiscal year.

Visitors can find all annual reports dating back to ICPSR's founding in
1962 at http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/files/membership/or/annualreport/
.

*ICPSR Launches Website for New Strategic Plan*

ICPSR's new Strategic Plan is available online at
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/content/membership/strategic/index.html.
This Plan is the result of approximately a year of effort to develop a
multiyear vision and set priorities for the organization to maintain our
leadership position in data curation and stewardship and to promote social
and behavioral research.

The plan lays out three strategic goals and four strategic directions for
ICPSR. These directions and their related strategies leverage the
organization's historic and current success, its strong membership and
partnership network, and its position as a leader in order to increase
stakeholder value and support a vibrant field of social and behavioral
research. The Plan also introduces an updated Mission Statement.

We appreciate the work of all who contributed their time, effort, and
insights to the process, including ISR and ICPSR staff members, the ICPSR
Council, Official Representatives, partner institutions, and others.

We encourage you to read the new Plan, and we welcome your comments at
icpsrstrategicplan at umich.edu.