[ICPSR] Winter DataBytes

matvey at umich.edu matvey at umich.edu
Fri Jan 25 08:19:52 EST 2013

Having trouble viewing this message? Links disabled? Click or copy:
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/files/ICPSR/enewsletters/2013-01-25.html

ICPSR DataBytes: Winter 2012

In This Issue

ICPSR's Winter Byte
The Temperature is rising for the 2013 Summer Program!
Save the Date - The 2013 ICPSR Biennial Meeting!
Stay Warm with ICPSR's Winter Webinars
Online, In-Depth Orientation to ICPSR - Starts February 4!
ICPSR on YouTube?
Call for Council Nominations
Adding to ICPSR's Hall of Fame
Toting 50 Years of the Summer Program!
Planning for the Future - Prepare to Provide Input!

ICPSR Events
Upcoming conferences &
Council meetings

Get Connected!
ICPSR on Facebook
Email Subscriptions
ICPSR on del.icio.us
ICPSR on YouTube

Membership Bits

Current membership count: 720

# ICPSR Facebook Fans: 679

# Twitter Followers: 983

# YouTube Subscribers: 60

This newsletter was broadcast on behalf of:

ICPSR
University of Michigan
330 Packard
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Feedback

Manage your subscription

ICPSR's Winter Byte

The snowflakes are falling and the temperature reads 5°F (-15°C), so it
must be time for our winter edition of DataBytes !

The Temperature is rising for the 2013 Summer Program!

Registration will soon be open for the 2013 Summer Program in Quantitative
Methods! The four-week courses run June 24-July 19 and July 22-August 16.
Several three- to five-day workshops are also in development. Sign up to
receive email notifications regarding registration and/or watch for
announcements on our social media pages!

Save the Date - The 2013 ICPSR Biennial Meeting!

ICPSR welcomes all Official and Designated Representatives (ORs/DRs) and
interested members to the 2013 ICPSR Meeting, October 9-11, on the campus
of The University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. The program committee is
developing the perfect combination of training content and networking
events based on your feedback. The committee is also ordering perfect fall
weather for the meeting! More information to come in February.

Stay Warm with ICPSR's Winter Webinars

Whether you are interested in getting familiar with ICPSR's data curation
services, data tools, unique data collections, or instructional resources,
or you desire in-depth "how-to-use" orientation sessions, we have webinars
to suit your needs. We are currently in the midst of a three-part series
outlining the "Life of a Dataset" with almost a dozen more planned through
June. Missed one? All recordings and slides are posted on ICPSR's YouTube
channel.

Online, In-Depth Orientation to ICPSR - Starts February 4!

ICPSR is pleased to announce "In-Depth with ICPSR," a webinar series
designed to provide a thorough orientation to the data and education
services offered by ICPSR. Join us for all or select any of interest from
six webcasts designed especially for those new to ICPSR. Get familiar with
our data, our tools and services related to our data, and our training and
educational resources.

ICPSR on YouTube?

That's right! ICPSR has its own channel on YouTube. Visit our channel to
find more than 80 videos that highlight our data services, unique datasets
or collections, user support (get help) tutorials, our undergraduate
interns, and our Summer Program faculty. Looking for slides or a recording
from a past ICPSR webinar or Data Fair? You'll find all our webcasts and
materials on the ICPSR YouTube channel.

Call for Council Nominations

ICPSR is accepting Council nominations for the 3/2014 - 2/2018 term. Please
submit nominations to councilnominees at icpsr.umich.edu no later than April
19, 2013. Questions on the nomination process? See our announcements for an
oldie but a goody on the process of electing Council members.

Adding to ICPSR's Hall of Fame

As part of its mission to support the social sciences, ICPSR presents
biennial awards to individuals who have distinguished themselves in their
service to the social science community. We invite you to help us identify
the 2013 winners of the Warren E. Miller Award for Meritorious Service to
the Social Sciences and the William H. Flanigan Award for Distinguished
Service as an ICPSR Official Representative. Email nominations to
mf-awards at icpsr.umich.edu by March 26, 2013.

Toting 50 Years of the Summer Program!

The ICPSR Summer Program is celebrating 50 years of training in
quantitative methods of social science research! Celebratory receptions are
tentatively scheduled to be held at the Midwest Political Science
Association (MPSA) and the American Political Science Association (APSA)
meetings. Visit us at the ICPSR exhibit booths at these meetings for more
information!

Planning for the Future - Prepare to Provide Input!

ICPSR is in the process of updating its strategic plan. As a member of our
data community, we would like to obtain your feedback and an invitation for
input will be coming this spring.