[ICPSR] DataBytes: Winter 2011

Matthew A. Richardson matvey at icpsr.umich.edu
Fri Mar 11 08:31:14 EST 2011

Having trouble viewing this message? Links disabled? Click or copy:
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/files/ICPSR/enewsletters/2011-03-11.html

In This Issue

ICPSR's Winter Byte
Signs of the Summer (Program)
Support for Data Management Plans
Creating Data Harmony
Get a "Head Start" with Funding
Think Spring - The ICPSR Spring Bulletin
You're How Old?
The ORs are Coming!
Council News - Calling all Nominations
Expanding ICPSR's Hall of Fame
ICPSR Events
Upcoming conferences &
Council meetings

Get Connected!
The ICPSR Blog
ICPSR on Facebook
Email Subscriptions
ICPSR on del.icio.us
ICPSR on YouTube

Membership Bits

Current membership count: 700

# ICPSR Facebook Fans: 395

# Twitter Followers: 313

This newsletter was broadcast on behalf of:

ICPSR
University of Michigan
330 Packard
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Feedback

Manage your subscription

ICPSR's Winter Byte

Before we bid farewell to a snow-filled, blustery winter in hopes of spotting the first signs of spring, we invite you to enjoy our winter edition of DataBytes!

Signs of the Summer (Program)

ICPSR's 2011 Summer Program in Quantitative Methods is open for registration. Register now for a summer of statistics and fun!

Support for Data Management Plans

ICPSR hosted two highly attended webinar sessions to provide guidance on developing data management plans. See our announcements section for the recording and presentation slides. In addition, we have developed a data management plan Web site to help support researchers in meeting data management plan requirements.

Creating Data Harmony

The Integrated Fertility Survey Series (IFSS) project at ICPSR is pleased to announce the release of its second harmonized dataset, which updates the first release and adds variables related to union history, cohabitation and husband/partner sociodemographics. The dataset combines information from 10 surveys and over 71,000 respondents spanning 1955 to 2002 into harmonized variables for easy analysis.

Get a "Head Start" with Funding

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children & Families, Office of Planning Research & Evaluation Funds is accepting applications to provide funding for a Research Center to Support Secondary Analyses of Head Start Impact Study Data to answer questions related to the characteristics of effective Head Start centers, classrooms, and teachers. For more information about this funding opportunity, including the award amount and due dates, please visit the Research Connections Web site.

Think Spring - The ICPSR Spring Bulletin

A new partnership with Renmin University in Beijing, China, and several notable data releases highlight this issue of the Bulletin.

You're How Old?

ICPSR is turning 50! We'll launch the celebration at the 2011 OR Meeting preceded by special events at the American Sociological Association meeting in August (Las Vegas) and the American Political Science Association meeting in September (Seattle). Attending these professional meetings? Stop by our exhibit booth early on to pick up an invitation to our hosted event.

The ORs are Coming!

Mark your calendars for the 2011 OR Meeting scheduled for October 5-7. This year's conference theme is "ICPSR: Building on 50 Years of Leadership." The program content will focus on training attendees to use ICPSR-related data resources and tools and will be a great opportunity to network with old friends and make new.

Council News - Calling all Nominations

The ICPSR Council is preparing to bid farewell to six fellow members and welcome six new colleagues to the mix. To accomplish this task, ICPSR needs your suggestions. Please note that Council members must be from member institutions. Nominations should be sent to: councilnominees at icpsr.umich.edu by March 31, 2011.