[Eurobarometer] Query on EB territorial attachment questionnaire

marco antonsich antonsich at yahoo.it
Sat Nov 12 11:08:47 EST 2011

Dear Meinhard,

I am in the process of finalizing the revisions of a quantitative paper on territorial attachment which used the longitudinal series of EB standard surveys:
http://www.gesis.org/en/eurobarometer-data-service/topics-trends/eb-trends-trend-files/list-of-trends/reg-identity/

The question I am working on is the following:

People may feel different degrees of attachment to their town or village, to their region, to their
country or to Europe. Please tell me how attached you feel to…

a) your city/town/village? (SHOW CARD WITH SCALE)
b) your region? (SHOW SAME CARD)
c) (OUR COUNTRY)? (SHOW SAME CARD)
d) Europe? (SHOW SAME CARD)

I have a query which relates to how the 'country' question was asked during the administration of the questionnaire to respondents. Was the term 'our country' used or instead 'Italy', 'Germany', 'Spain', etc.? This woudl help my response to a comment made by one of the reviewers.

Thank you

Best regards

marco

P.s.
Alternatively, do you know who to contact at Eurobaromater (to avoid my email being lost in a long bureaucratic process)?