[Eurobarometer] Eurobarometers 54.1 and 56.3: territorial attachment

Marco Antonsich Marco.Antonsich at colorado.edu
Thu Nov 23 13:03:59 EST 2006

Hi all,

I would like to know whether any of the users of Standard Eurobarometers have
come up with an explanation for the major decrease in European attachment
experienced by all EU-15 countries in the passage from year 2000 (Eurobarometer
54.1 - question 8) to year 2002 (Eurobarometer 56.3 - question 47).

Running some descriptive statistics on the other forms of territorial
attachment (local, regional and national - same Eurobarometers/questions as
above), only Spain experienced a similar drop in the same year. I thought that
there could have been some issues related to the data collection process for
Spain. But when looking at the major drop in European attachment for all EU-15
countries in the same year, I guess I should also reconsider this
interpretation for Spain's drop.

Glad to receive your comments.

Regards

Marco Antonsich