[EB] Eurobarometer survey 48 and up

Laila Haider lh216 at columbia.edu
Wed Oct 31 10:08:19 EST 2001

For the purpose of my research, I need the demographic data from all the
Eurobarometer surveys conducted up to and including the year 2000. While I
have the data and documentation (pdf codebooks), I found that the
codebooks starting from Eurobarometer 48.0 onwards are rather concise
(compared to past codebooks) and unfortunately do not give all the
information clearly. Specifically, what I am missing in these codebooks
are the variable names corresponding with the questions and also the
country codes, weights, etc.

While I understand that I can probably use the SPSS program to identify
variable names and codes for respondent's answers, I was wondering if
anyone has already engaged in this exercise and would be willing to share
the information.

Again, the surveys with which I have this problem are Eurobarometer 48.0
onwards - up to Eurobarometer 54.0. If someone has created their own
codebooks for any of these because they used the survey data in the past,
I would really appreciate hearing from you. I would also like to hear if
anyone has suggestions on how to go about this.

Sincerely,
Laila Haider

Economics Department
Columbia University