[EB] Offence under US code Title 47, Sec 227(b) (1) (C)

Jan Rasche rasche at rzaix340.rz.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Jul 30 01:59:50 EDT 1999

I have recently received UNSOLICITED and UNWANTED junk e-mail from an
individual who appears to be using your site.  A copy of that mail is
attached herewith.  Junk Mail is now regarded as the same as unwanted
and unsolicited junk faxes and telemarketing calls - all of which are
now ILLEGAL under US federal law:

     By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
     meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)
     (1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to
     such equipment, punishable by action to recover actual monetary
     loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for EACH violation.

Please ensure this is stopped NOW.  You have been put on notice.  If you

confirm to me promptly that effective action has been taken against
those
persons responsible, I will not take the matter further on this
occasion.

If you do not provide me with such confirmation in a timely manner, or
if
ANY further UNSOLICITED or UNWANTED junk mail should be received from
your
site, I will instruct my attorney to issue a writ WITHOUT FURTHER
NOTICE,
and the matter will then be pursued under federal law.  I will
separately
notify your upstream providers as they may also be liable for violations

originating from your site.