[EB] Mime-Version: 1.0

simon.hug at politic.unige.ch simon.hug at politic.unige.ch
Mon May 3 10:50:59 EDT 1999

Dear Eurobarometer-users

I have just received recently through ICPSR the EB 47.0, 47.1 and 47.2. I
noticed that all variables concerning vote intentions are coded 99 for all
individuals (e.g. D4_BEL for Belgium, D4_DEN for Denmark etc.) while a
completely coded variable exists for European party groups.

I find this rather puzzling: Are the vote intention variables at the
country-
level under embargo, while the European party groups are not? I couldn't
find any information on the specific embargos, but this seems in any case
rather weird. Has anybody else run into this problem or can give me a hint
at resolving it?

thanks so much

simon

Simon Hug