[EB] information request

domm at datacomm.iue.it domm at datacomm.iue.it
Mon Mar 22 09:03:11 EST 1999

Dear all,

I have just joined this mailing list and would like to invite anyone
working on a similar area to me to get in touch.

Currently I am a Ph.D. student at the European University Insitute in
Florence.  My research topic involves looking at the reasons why
the public hold the attitudes that they do towards further European
integration.

In particular, I am looking at nationalist hypotheses towards support
for integration  i.e. that people with an especially jingoistic or
strong sense of national identity will hold correspondingly less
positive attitudes towards European integration.  Hence, I am using
Eurobarometer surveys to investigate concepts such as national
identity, xenophobia and racism.

I would be very interesting in hearing from anyone working on a
similar theme.  Thanks for your attention.

Yours,

Rory Domm

Rory Domm
Researcher, Social and Political Sciences
European University Institute, Florence
tel. 055/572554