[EB] ECJ

KRISTEN at sla.org KRISTEN at sla.org
Wed Nov 13 13:21:39 EST 1996

Dear Fellow Users,

I am doing research on the ECJ and how it has recently been found
that the ECJ decisions have had an enormous impact on EU integration.
 The discovery of ECJ "power" over the other EU institutions and
member-states is significant, for will this power decrease now that
the truth of their potential has been discovered?  And will the ECJ
be as effective with the political, monetary and social integration
of the future, or was economic integration possible with the help of
the ECJ because it was not very publicized and did not affect the
citizens directly?

If anyone knows of any recent research (since 1990, and ideally since
1993) on this ECJ revelation, I'd appreciate you sending it my way.
I have read Burly, (Slaughter) and Mattli and Joseph Weiler.  If they
have anything recent that I may not know about, I'd also be
interested.  Thanks.
My e-mail is    kristen at sla.org and my phone number is (202) 244-3317
in DC.
Many thanks,
Kristen

PS: A student of mine would like to know about attitudes of Norway
and Sweden towards the EU.  I have found a nice recent Eurobarometer
43.1, with the questions  that were asked.  How do I get my hands on
the responses given?  THANKS AGAIN!