[DDI-users] FW: There will be no IASSIST conference in 2020

Wackerow, Joachim Joachim.Wackerow at gesis.org
Tue Mar 17 11:34:20 EDT 2020

From: discuss at lists.iassistdata.org [mailto:discuss at lists.iassistdata.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 16:29
To: discuss at lists.iassistdata.org
Subject: [IASSIST] There will be no IASSIST conference in 2020

Dear IASSIST community,
The Executive, Local Arrangements, and Program committees have been working frantically to try to salvage what we know would have been the best IASSIST ever in Gothenburg in May.  You will not be surprised to hear that we have found it to be impossible to do so.  It is with heavy hearts that we announce that IASSIST 2020 will not happen.

Given these unsettled times, the health and safety of our community is paramount.  We feel that it is important to follow the guidelines to avoid large gatherings that are being promoted by health organizations around the globe.   We are currently looking to postpone the Gothenburg conference to 2021 and are working to understand what options are available.

In the meantime, we encourage participants to take whatever steps are available to you to cancel or change your travel plans if you have not already done so.  We'll be in touch with those who have already registered about how we will handle the registration fees.

Thank you for your support and patience as we navigate these uncharted and turbulent waters.  This is the most amazing community and while we won't have the opportunity to gather to celebrate that this year, there is no doubt that we will come through this.

Stay safe and healthy.  Keep in touch virtually.  And start planning for IASSIST 2021 which will undoubtably be the best IASSIST ever.

San Cannon, President
On Behalf of the
Executive Committee
Program Committee
Local Arrangements Committee

--
San Cannon │ She/Her/Hers |Assoc Vice Provost for Data Governance and Chief Data Officer
261 Wallis Hall  │ University of Rochester  │ Rochester, NY 14627 USA |(585) 276-5409