[DDI-users] The DDI Technical Committed needs your input!

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Tue Apr 28 12:11:07 EDT 2020

We have had a number of requests for enhancements to DDI-Codebook, but are
aware that there is probably far more content that could usefully be
incorporated into a new version, especially for those with existing systems
that have new demands, eg DataVerse & NADA.  In addition, DDI is in the
process of describing both the overall coverage of DDI and the applications
and coverage of individual products. WE NEED YOUR HELP!

We are looking for people interested in contributing to the short term
goals of the next version of DDI-Codebook and/or the long-term development
rules for DDI-Codebook so that it can remain relevant for the needs of our
current and future users.

The Technical Committee has prepared a fuller description of what we are
looking at both short and long-term

https://ddi-alliance.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DDI4/pages/929792030/DDI%2BCodebook%2BDevelopment%2BWork

We would like you, users of DDI-Codebook, to review the current set of
issues (viewed from the link to DDI-Codebook version 2.6 from this page)
then:

   - file any new issues (there is a link from the description page)
   - volunteer to spend a bit of time in the next few months to provide
   feedback on a new version of Codebook

We would also like to know if you are interested in spending some time over
the next year exploring the future of DDI Codebook in terms of its
structure, development rules, and requirements.

Please respond to Wendy Thomas, Chair of the Technical Committee (
wlt at umn.edu)

Thanks for your input,
Wendy Thomas, for the DDI-Alliance Technical Committee

--
Wendy L. Thomas                              Phone: +1 612.624.4389
Data Access Core Director                 Fax:   +1 612.626.8375
Minnesota Population Center             Email: wlt at umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall
225 19th Avenue South