[DDI-users] Save the date: Webinar of the CESSDA Metadata Office – status quo, future developments & special focus on CMM

Borschewski, Kerrin Kerrin.Borschewski at gesis.org
Fri Apr 3 07:31:38 EDT 2020

************Apologies for cross-posting************
[cid:image005.png at 01D609BC.333BFF80]
[cid:image006.jpg at 01D609BC.333BFF80]
Dear CESSDA members and non-members,
We would like to announce our webinar:

Webinar of the CESSDA Metadata Office – status quo, future developments & special focus on CMM
Date: Wednesday, May 6th, 2020
Time: 11am- 12pm CEST

Accompanying the growing importance of research data management, the provision and maintenance of metadata have obtained a key role in contextualizing, understanding, and preserving research data. Acknowledging the importance of metadata in the social sciences, the Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives (CESSDA) ERIC started the Metadata Office project in 2019. This webinar introduces the CESSDA Metadata Office (MDO) and its various activities. A special focus of the webinar will be on the CESSDA Metadata Model (CMM).
The webinar will be divided into two parts. In the first part, we will give an overview of the CESSDA Metadata Office (MDO) project. We will present the current work and services of the CESSDA MDO. The second part will be of special interest to those of you working with or being interested in the CESSDA Metadata Model. We will first present general information about the CESSDA Metadata Model and the changes that have been made between the first published version of CMM (v0.1) and the current published version of CMM (v1.0). We will then present information on how the MDO is trying to facilitate the work with CMM in the future, e.g. by producing DDI profiles.

If you’re interested, please register and share with your colleagues.
Follow the link below to register for the webinar:
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1922587746623433742

Please post questions in the registration form. You will also be given the opportunity to post questions to the chat box at any time of the live event. We will try to address them at the end of the webinar.

Further information:
Agenda

  1.  Introduction to the CESSDA Metadata Office and MDO services
  2.  The CESSDA Metadata Model (general information, changes between CMM v0.1 and CMM v1.0, MDO’s efforts to facilitate the provision of quality metadata)
  3.  Questions and Answers

If you would like to take a peek at the CESSDA Metadata Model (CMM), you can find all versions using this link: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3236171

We are looking forward to seeing you at our webinar.
Kind regards,
The CESSDA Metadata Office
metadata-office at cessda.eu