[DDI-users] Recommended use of TopcClas in DDI-C 2.1

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Mon Sep 2 10:07:48 EDT 2019

There is substantial use of topcClas for known vocabularies where specific
terms are expected. Because this maps to dc subject all/most other systems
expect to find a term here. So basically while improving your system you
are making the field less usable for other systems. Its a holiday here so
I'll look into this further tomorrow and see if there is a clear
alternative for you. If not we are reviewing Codebook for updates and I (or
you) can file this as an issue.

Wendy