[DDI-users] We need your input! Open discussions on DDI issues

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Thu Jun 27 11:22:39 EDT 2019

The Technical Committee (TC) needs to tap into your knowledge and
experience working with DDI.

A number of issues came up in during the DDI4 Prototype review that we
considered as being broader than this one product. Some are technical, some
philosophical, some practical. The TC noted that we needed broader input
into the discussion than was represented by our membership. So we are bring
the discussion to you.

We will be trying a number of approaches, but to start out we have put two
issues on GitHub to let you comment, add new issues, and basically, join
the discussion wherever and whenever you wish. Each issue will have a
description including the goals, background, and some of the related issues
noted in TC. Each discussion will be linked back to an issue in our
standard issue tracker to ensure they are brought back into the official
tracking system.

The first two issues will be:
Use of "default values" in DDI (cross-version)
https://github.com/ddialliance/DDI-TC-167-Discussion
XML style in DDI (cross-version)
https://github.com/ddialliance/DDI-TC-162-Discussion

Join the discussion!

The Technical Committee

--
Wendy L. Thomas                              Phone: +1 612.624.4389
Data Access Core Director                 Fax:   +1 612.626.8375
Minnesota Population Center             Email: wlt at umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall
225 19th Avenue South