[DDI-users] [DDI-SRG] DDI 4 prototype release

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Mon Jan 14 12:33:18 EST 2019

This is a reminder that we are coming up to the end of the projected 3
month period for the DDI 4 Prototype Review Period. Please submit your
issues and comments before Monday, February 4, 2019. If you are working on
a review of the Prototype and cannot complete your work by that time,
please provide me with an estimated completion date so that we can include
your comments in a timely manner. Thank you for your attention to this
deadline.

Wendy Thomas
Chair, DDI Technical Committee

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 9:10 AM Jared Lyle <lyle at umich.edu> wrote:

> *Dear colleagues,Last December we provided an update
> <http://www.ddialliance.org/announcement/update-on-ddi-work-product-development>
> about development of DDI work products to express continued support for our
> stable work products <http://www.ddialliance.org/explore-documentation> --
> including DDI-Codebook (DDI 2) and DDI-Lifecycle (DDI 3) -- and to
> communicate a mid-2018 prototype release of a new work product called DDI
> 4.We’re happy to announce the prototype release of DDI 4.  This preliminary
> version is not intended for production but provides an opportunity to test
> and provide feedback on how the DDI 4 model describes and documents some
> basic research material, such as a dataset, an instrument, and a codebook.
>  DDI 4 is based on an information model that can be expressed in different
> technologies, including standard RDF vocabularies and XML structures. This
> form of model-based standard is a best practice in the standardization
> world, and several other domains have used this approach for years to
> structure their domain-specific standards. The development of DDI 4 will
> enable the standard to stay abreast of current technological changes and
> guarantee alignment across different technology implementations. More
> details about the history and origin of DDI 4 can be found on the “Work
> Products of the DDI Alliance” web page
> <http://www.ddialliance.org/about/work-products-of-ddi-alliance>.We look
> forward to the DDI community testing this prototype release and providing
> constructive feedback on its future development. Links to the specification
> and use cases, as well as instructions for comment, are found at: DDI 4
> Comment and Review Page
> <https://ddi-alliance.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DDI4/pages/491666/DDI+4+-+Comment+and+Review>We
> would love to have as much feedback as possible for our next development
> meeting on November 26th, but the comment period will extend beyond that.
> We hope to hear from you!  Please feel free to contact
> ddisecretariat at umich.edu <ddisecretariat at umich.edu> with questions.Jared
> LyleDirector, DDI AllianceICPSR, University of Michigan+1
> 734-763-6075lyle at umich.edu <lyle at umich.edu>*

Wendy L. Thomas                              Phone: +1 612.624.4389
Data Access Core Director                 Fax:   +1 612.626.8375
Minnesota Population Center             Email: wlt at umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall
225 19th Avenue South