[DDI-users] DDI conversion

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Mon Aug 11 16:32:21 EDT 2014

Basically yes. DDI-C is backward compatible so no changes were made to
existing objects .The mapping to 3.1 objects is correct for all the
previously existing objects. What you are missing are;
a) New 2.5 objects and their related 3.1
b) 2.1 to 3.2
c) 2.5 to 3.2 (note that 2.5 was published before 3.2)

To do the second you need to refer to the 3.1 to 3.2 change log and see if
any of the items mapped from 2.1 to 3.1 have changed in 3.2.

2.5 contains only a change log from 2.1 to 2.5.

While it would be good to have a 2.5 to 3.1 or 3.2 it has not been done as
far as I know. If someone has I'd be glad to review it and we could get it
posted. I don't see it getting to the top of my "to do" list any time soon
or even not so soon.

Wendy

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Adrian Dușa <dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I noticed the DDI conversion procedure (and mapping) from version 2.1 to
> version 3.0, here:
> http://www.ddialliance.org/Specification/DDI-Lifecycle/3.0/#3.0convert
>
> Just a quick question: is there a similar mapping available from version
> 2.5 to version 3.2, or am I safe to assume the current mapping is still
> valid?
>
> Best wishes,
> Adrian
>

> --
> Adrian Dusa
> University of Bucharest
> Romanian Social Data Archive
> Soseaua Panduri nr.90
> 050663 Bucharest sector 5
> Romania

Wendy L. Thomas                              Phone: +1 612.624.4389
Data Access Core Director                 Fax:   +1 612.626.8375
Minnesota Population Center             Email: wlt at umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall
225 19th Avenue South