[DDI-users] NCube-like structure

Wendy Thomas wlt at umn.edu
Tue Apr 29 19:07:38 EDT 2014

Hi Eniko

Thanks for noting this unclear description. We will certainly make note of
it and clarify it in the documentation.

NCube-like structure means that the Question Grid is described in way that
is similar to describing a DDI NCube (expression of aggregated data).
Basically the structure describes a matrix with Category Schemes,
CodeLists, or Rosters serving to define each dimension. The cells within
the matrix capture the response. There is an example of a Question Grid in
the Example folder (QuestionExample.xml). There is a good description of
NCubes in the Part II documentation from 3.1 (they haven't changed their
structure). Does this help or do you need additional information. If so,
let me know and I'll write up some more complete examples.

Wendy

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 4:46 AM, Nagy Enikő <nagye at opit.hu> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> Does anyone know what NCube-like structure is?
>
> I have just came across on QuestionGrid description.<http://www.ddialliance.org/Specification/DDI-Lifecycle/3.2/XMLSchema/FieldLevelDocumentation/>
>
> Any clue would be welcomed.
>

> *Best, *
>
> *Enik**ő Nagy*

Wendy L. Thomas                              Phone: +1 612.624.4389
Data Access Core Director                 Fax:   +1 612.626.8375
Minnesota Population Center             Email: wlt at umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall
225 19th Avenue South