[DDI-users] Is there any development kit to parse DDI

Wendy Thomas wlt at pop.umn.edu
Tue Jan 25 13:30:54 EST 2011

There are some tools under development as well as one (commercial) that is
available now that supports some, but not features of DDI 3.

We use Colectica in our training classes and you can look at
http://www.ddialliance.org/resources/tools under Software to see what else
is available.

You can validate an XML instance to the DDI schema with most XML editiing
software. As long as you have associated the DDI schemas in the header you
should be able to use the validation features of the software. If you need
assistance with this, please contact me directly.

Wendy

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, My Coyne wrote:

> 	  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
> Hi DDI community:
>
> 	I wonder if there is
> (a) Tool to validate XML that is built on DDI XSD?
>
> 	(b) SDK (software development kit) for software developers to parse
> and create an XML file built on DDI?
>
> 	Thank you.

Wendy L. Thomas                          Phone: +1 612.624.4389
Data Access Core Director		 Fax:   +1 612.626.8375
Minnesota Population Center              Email: wlt at pop.umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall
225 19th Avenue South