[DDI-users] Follow up on modules

Wendy Thomas wlt at pop.umn.edu
Sat Aug 8 14:06:28 EDT 2009

Bart

You cannot include QuestionSchemes or future QuestionGroups in control
constructs as a group. Each question gains additional information in
relation to its use in an instrument. You must create a QuestionConstruct
for each question used. If the question is used in multiple locations in a
questionnaire it can be referenced multiple times or put in a sequence
that is referenced multiple time.

Wendy

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009, Bart Orriens wrote:

> Hi Wendy and Dan,
>
> many thanks for your responses.
>
> Concerning grouping questions in the instrument flow: Dan, I
> will use the description 'way' then in anticipation of 3.1.
>
> Concerning the representation of modules:
>
> I will use QuestionSchemes then to logically group my questions.
> Just one follow up:
>
> I can then refer to the identifiers of those schemes in my instrument
> flow in case I want to represent that this whole group of questions is
> asked?
> For  example:
>
> <QuestionScheme>
>  <r:Id>MyId</r:Id>
> ...my question items here...
> <QuestionScheme>
>
> And in the instrument flow I can put?:
>
> <QuestionConstruct>
>  <QuestionReference>
>    <r:Id>MyId</r:Id>
>  <QuestionReference>
> <QuestionConstruct>
>

> (instead of referring to all the questions in the scheme in individual
> question constructs)
> Many thanks again,
> Bart
>
> p.s: I hope you don't mind my many questions, thanks for patiently
> explaining things!

Wendy L. Thomas                          Phone: +1 612.624.4389
Data Access Core Director		 Fax:   +1 612.626.8375
Minnesota Population Center              Email: wlt at pop.umn.edu
University of Minnesota
50 Willey Hall
225 19th Avenue South