[DDI-users] Access to DDI

A. Michelle Edwards edwardsm at uoguelph.ca
Thu May 19 14:42:22 EDT 2005

Good afternoon all!

Hope everyone's enjoying the beginning of what we hope to be a great summer!

I recall that there are a number of DDI users out there using Access or some other form of database to build their DDI documents.  Sorry I can't remember names or the like but I do recall a couple of presentations I attended last year at IASSIST to this effect.  I'm wondering how you would go about translating the contents of the Access database to an XML document.  Is there a script out there that someone has written?  or is there some functionality in Access that allows one to accomplish this.

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  We have a local research group who currently hold their metadata in an Access database and are looking to make the move to Nesstar.  I had suggested going from Access to XML and then importing into Nesstar - but am unsure myself how the move from Access to XML would work.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you,
Michelle

A. Michelle Edwards, Ph.D.
Academic Services, CCS
Vehicle Services Bldg, University of Guelph
Guelph, Ontario
N1G 2W1

PH: (519) 824-4120 Ext. 54539
FAX: (519) 767-1620