[DDI-users] Access to DDI

R.T.A.M. Grim Rob.Grim at uvt.nl
Fri May 20 04:46:19 EDT 2005

Hi Michelle,

As often there is more than one way to get from A to B.
Here is one of many:
- read the access file into SPSS (with ODBC);
- use SPSS-OMS to save data in a XML format;
- use Joachim Wackerow's (ZUMA
http://www.gesis.org/en/software/ddi/tools/spssoms2ddi/),
  XSL transformation file for conversion to DDI, or use NESSTAR directly.

Notes: 1. SPSS-OMS is an XML Output Management System, which converts
SPSS-data to XML;
          2. Not all DDI-elements are captured with Joachim's script above.

Does this help?

Rob
Rob Grim
Tilburg University