[DDI-users] DDI-elements

R.T.A.M. Grim Rob.Grim at uvt.nl
Thu Jul 7 06:02:19 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I am converting (SPSS) data-files and metadata to a Mysql and a Oracle
database. I have two questions relating to this subject:

1. I wonder if there's anyone who has already made a setup with 'create
table' statements for ddi-elements in Mysql (or Oracle 9i, or both?) and is
willing to share these set-up files?

2. Can anyone point me to a working example (or example-code) how to link
ddi-elements to (external) controlled vocabularies;

In general, tips and tricks, do's and don'ts, are welcomed at this phase,
for creating and deploying searchable ddi-catalogs.

Thnx in advance for your reaction!

Rob

Rob Grim
Institute for Labour Studies