[DDI-users] DDI-elements

I-Lin Kuo ikuo at umich.edu
Fri Jul 8 13:20:33 EDT 2005

Hi Rob,

For 1), you should probably talk to Joachim Wackerow of ZUMA and the
open source
EXANDA project. I believe that you met him at IASSIST 2004 in Madison.
Here's an
example of what he's done, with his email.

http://www.gesis.org/en/software/ddi/tools/spssoms2ddi/spss_oms.sps.txt

I don't know of anyone who has done anything along the lines of 2) but am very
interested. Would you please post back to this list if you find any
information
along that line?

Quoting "R.T.A.M. Grim" <Rob.Grim at uvt.nl>:

> Hi list,
>
> I am converting (SPSS) data-files and metadata to a Mysql and a Oracle
> database. I have two questions relating to this subject:
>
> 1. I wonder if there's anyone who has already made a setup with 'create
> table' statements for ddi-elements in Mysql (or Oracle 9i, or both?) and is
> willing to share these set-up files?
>
> 2. Can anyone point me to a working example (or example-code) how to link
> ddi-elements to (external) controlled vocabularies;
>
> In general, tips and tricks, do's and don'ts, are welcomed at this phase,
> for creating and deploying searchable ddi-catalogs.
>
> Thnx in advance for your reaction!
>
> Rob
>

> Rob Grim
> Institute for Labour Studies