[ICPSR] ICPSR Bulletin: Jumpstart your year with new data and training opportunities

Dory Knight-Ingram dkni at umich.edu
Thu Jan 12 13:06:33 EST 2023

Your newsletter for all things ICPSR!
January 2023   |   Vol. 43, No. 1
*ICPSR to host data on social media’s impact on US 2020 elections*
[image: Does social media make us more polarized as a society or merely
reflect divisions that already exist?]
Since early 2020, a group of independent academic researchers
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=48ca4e62de&e=e234a716ba>,
in partnership with Meta, has been studying some of the most important
questions around the role of social media in democracy today. The data from
a study of social media’s impact on key political attitudes and behaviors
during the US 2020 elections will be archived at ICPSR. [Full story
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=2f3975220a&e=e234a716ba>
]

Big data, rich perspectives on college experience
[image: College and Beyond II Data Series Now at ICPSR!]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=6ab8ae8a05&e=e234a716ba>ICPSR
is pleased to announce the release of new studies in the College and Beyond
II (CBII) series. CBII is a data resource that can be used to study a range
of experiences and outcomes across higher education. It contains
administrative data on over 1 million undergrads from 19 public colleges
across 20 years linked to survey data on long-term outcomes, current life
circumstances, and more. [Read more
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=5ddbd33ed8&e=e234a716ba>
]

Summertime is coming! 3 things to know about our 'stats nerd camp'

[image: TA positions, scholarships, and registration for the ICPSR Summer
Program in Quantitative Methods]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=b78c41ba9c&e=e234a716ba>

   1. *We are hiring 50+ teaching assistants for 2023!* We have general
   positions
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=7e109bad4e&e=e234a716ba>
   for experienced TAs, and introductory positions
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=a205a8bf58&e=e234a716ba>
   for first-time TAs. Must be able to travel to Ann Arbor. Hourly rate is
   $34.69 for both positions. All TAs are also included on course evaluations
   for use in future job applications! Deadline to apply is January 23, 2023.
   2. *We also have over $150,000 in scholarships available* to attend the
   2023 Summer Program! See our website for information
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=deebb76162&e=e234a716ba>.
   Applications due February 1, 2023.
   3. *Registration for the 2023 Summer Program opens February 13! *The
   full schedule will be posted in a few weeks, but until then we have a list
   of typical offerings for three-week sessions
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=42194c10d7&e=e234a716ba>
   and short workshops
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=f33f58f2cd&e=e234a716ba>
   .

In Case You Missed It
[image: ICPSR's research paper competition for undergraduate and graduate
students]
Jan 31, 2023: *ICPSR Research Paper Competition Submissions Due* [Learn more
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=d5b83b30bd&e=e234a716ba>]

   - January 24, 2023: *Interactive On-line Workshop: Incorporating
   Geography into NSECE Analyses: Linking Geography-based External Data* [
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=5e93effb6f&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - January 25, 2023: I*nteractive On-line Workshop: Incorporating
   Geography into NSECE Analyses: Defining Communities in the NSECE* [
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=acf6ee545b&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - January 26, 2023: *Webinar: College and Beyond II: A New Data Resource
   for Studying Higher Educatio*n [Register
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=b77ce206c6&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - Feb. 1, 2023: *Scholarship application deadline for ICPSR Summer
   Program* aka "stats nerd camp" [Apply
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=745b69721f&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - Feb 13-17, 2023: *International Love Data Week 2023* [More info
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=b0bbc052ed&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - Feb 15, 2023: *Webinar: Curating and Visualizing Inspiration through
   Data: The Places and People that Connect Katherine Dunham’s Repertory* [More
   info
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=e54d113459&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - Feb 17-21, 2023:* Creating Change 2023 conference-RCMD Booth* Exhibit
   Hall [More info
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=b8e6281a24&e=e234a716ba>
   ]
   - Oct. 4-6, 2023: Save the Date: *ICPSR Biennial Meeting* [Learn more
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=2256ce3616&e=e234a716ba>
   ]

[image: Link to video: ICPSR Reimagined "An exciting time for the data
community]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=6f7bc3c785&e=e234a716ba>*ICPSR
Reimagined*

This year, we’re reimagining data. A few members of our team talk through
the year ahead about things like ResearchDataGov
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=4b7e198bc9&e=e234a716ba>,
the
Millennium Challenge Corporation Evidence Platform
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=230d0df9fd&e=e234a716ba>,
and the eagerly awaited Social Media Archive
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=fb3594eaf8&e=e234a716ba>.
Check it out
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=b0095bb230&e=e234a716ba>
!
More Opportunities

Join events, search job opportunities, find or share data, or subscribe to
ICPSR Announcements.
ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=9089d5a1c2&e=e234a716ba>
Current Events in the Bibliography
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=1e162fbf02&e=e234a716ba>
Coming Up from ICPSR: Events, Jobs, and More!
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=1faa05dbe7&e=e234a716ba>
Find Newly Released Data
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=5a5e1bcb12&e=e234a716ba>
Share Your Data With ICPSR
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=e8f4326dd5&e=e234a716ba>
Subscribe to ICPSR Email Updates
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=3495031faa&e=e234a716ba>
Happy Birthday, ICPSR!
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=f267891804&e=e234a716ba>
Data Brunch—A Podcast from ICPSR
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=8a6a1ab23b&e=e234a716ba>

For previous editions, see the archive
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=03e118531d&e=e234a716ba>
of
ICPSR Bulletin Newsletters.

To contact the *ICPSR Bulletin* editor, email Dory Knight-Ingram
<dkni at umich.edu?subject=ICPSR%20Bulletin%20Newsletter>.
[image: Facebook]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=e49cb00ea4&e=e234a716ba>
[image: Twitter]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=876d2aa5bb&e=e234a716ba>
[image: Website]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=c1ba9774ad&e=e234a716ba>
[image: Instagram]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=0290672df5&e=e234a716ba>
[image: YouTube]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=9c32bd3472&e=e234a716ba>
Copyright © 2022 Regents of the University of Michigan

*Our mailing address is:*
ICPSR
University of Michigan
Institute for Social Research
P.O. Box 1248
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-1248

Send questions or comments to ICPSR-help at umich.edu.

Did someone forward you this email? Join the ICPSR Announce email list
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=604e91826a&e=e234a716ba>
.

<ICPSR-help at umich.edu>.*