[ICPSR] Happy Love Data Week

Annalee Shelton annalees at umich.edu
Mon Feb 14 08:25:28 EST 2022

View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/umich.edu/start-the-school-year-with-icpsr-7885511?e=55de579b41>
[image: ICPSR headquarters with text stating "ICPSR A partner in social
science research"]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=79b2e5cc1f&e=55de579b41>

Love Data Week at ICPSR

Happy Love Data Week!

Data is for everyone! Wait ... data are for everyone? Either way, Love Data
Week 2022 is about how different folks use data. If you haven't
participated before, Love Data Week is the international celebration of
data. This year we're focused on the people side of data. What does data
look like in different disciplines? How about biases in data... who is "in"
the data and who is invisible?

Join the activities below or visit the International Love Data Week website
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=0c72a984bf&e=55de579b41>
for 100+ events and activities hosted by other participating institutions.
Activities
[image: Yellow and red graphical character]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=56b889eaef&e=55de579b41>

Adopt a Dataset

Back by popular demand! Show your data love by “adopting” datasets on
topics like COVID-19, dance, elections and more.

Adopt your dataset by the end of the week.
Adopt a Dataset
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=672a71a620&e=55de579b41>
[image: Red valentine for Love Data Week]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=18ad2b5dad&e=55de579b41>
[image: Blue and pink Zoom background for Love Data Week]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=2f2f217ab8&e=55de579b41>
[image: Email signature image for Love Data Week]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=f56be9d8c1&e=55de579b41>

Add some visual flair to your Love Data Week:

   -

   General Love Data Week downloadables
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=c8216d7b14&e=55de579b41>,
   such as Zoom Backgrounds, Valentines and more
   -

   Adopt a Dataset downloadables
   <https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=6f385fee4d&e=55de579b41>,
   such as email signature images and Instagram stories

Events
[image: Black and blue logo of DLF Digital Library Pedagogy]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=29d62cda68&e=55de579b41>

“Data is” vs “Data are” Tweetchat showdown

Data is for everyone! Wait... data are for everyone? Either way… what does
data look like in different disciplines? How about biases in data... who is
"in" the data and who is invisible? Join host Annalee Shelton, Membership
Experience Manager for ICPSR to discuss what data is to you and how you
engage with it.

*February 15, 2pm ET*
Join on Twitter using #DLFTeach
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=3cad0a6052&e=55de579b41>
[image: Yellow and blue promotional image for ICPSR webinar, "Arts
Production in an Era of Crowdfunding"]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=86b3c06e35&e=55de579b41>

Arts Production in an Era of Crowdfunding:
Introduction to Data from the Kickstarter Platform

Artists are increasingly relying on crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter
to raise money to fund their creative projects. The rise of crowdfunding in
arts production is driving a boom in research involving data from
crowdfunding platforms.

February 16, 1pm ET
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=2d4b8e3733&e=55de579b41>
[image: Blue and yellow promotional image for ICPSR Webinar: Data: Was it
Love at First Sight]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=8501d177ff&e=55de579b41>

Data: Was it Love at First Sight?

More than half of American adults believe in love at first sight. Whether
your love is for data or for something more traditional, join us for a
light-hearted (see what we did there?) look at what data in ICPSR's
collection can tell us about love. We will explore data about the love we
have for each other (friendship, sexual, romantic, familial), for our pets
and hobbies, even for selected foods.

February 17, 1pm ET
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=dda8c3b177&e=55de579b41>

Social media

Spread the word and join the conversation online! Copy and paste the
message below:

Join me at Love Data Week 2022! Adopt a Dataset, get data training and
more: https://myumi.ch/ICPSRLoveDataWeek

#LoveData22 #ICPSR
[image: Blue pink and green image for Love Data Week hosted by ICPSR]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=aac14e15ec&e=55de579b41>

Love Data Week International

Are you hosting your own events and activities? Or do you want to see the
list of all the Love Data Week events and activities happening around the
world? Visit the home of International Love Data Week. While you’re there,
don’t forget to sign up for the email list!
International Love Data Week
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=c77ac1f0a2&e=55de579b41>

Questions? Contact icpsr-help at umich.edu.
[image: Facebook icon]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=e2288a880d&e=55de579b41>
[image:
Instagram icon]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=9d62e5282c&e=55de579b41>
[image:
Twitter icon]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=3ab765e30d&e=55de579b41>
[image:
LinkedIn icon]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=053d532d7d&e=55de579b41>

*Need to change your subscription settings or unsubscribe? Contact the
ICPSR Help Desk at icpsr-help at umich.edu <icpsr-help at umich.edu>*

*Copyright (C) 2022 ICPSR. All rights reserved.*

ICPSR
426 Thompson St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-2321

<icpsr-help at umich.edu>