[ICPSR] Pride Month Data Resources From ICPSR to Share and Explore

Dory Knight-Ingram dkni at umich.edu
Tue Jun 8 14:42:58 EDT 2021

ICPSR launches Resource Guide for #Pride21
Pride Month Resources to Share and Explore

As we consider the struggles, triumphs, tragedies, and milestones in the 52
years since Stonewall, here at ICPSR we turn to data to remember, reflect,
and gain new insights about the past as we move forward. We have compiled a
selection of datasets, video and audio content, and more to share and
explore.

*Resources for Research on Gender Identity, Sexual Behavior, and Sexual
Orientation*

>From the ICPSR Resource Center for Minority Data, Resources for Research on
Gender Identity, Sexual Behavior, and Sexual Orientation
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=a674318310&e=e234a716ba>
offers data resources for those interested in studying gender identity,
sexual behavior, and sexual orientation, or in finding datasets in which
those populations are well-represented. We include data resources available
at ICPSR and elsewhere.

*Generations: A Study of the Life and Health of LGB People in a Changing
Society, United States, 2016-2019 (ICPSR 37166
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=e9a912a728&e=e234a716ba>)*

Generations, archived with DSDR
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=19b47d4d8f&e=e234a716ba>,
was conducted over a five-year period to examine health and well-being
across three generations of lesbians, gay men, and bisexuals (LGB). The
study explored identity, stress, health outcomes, and health care and
services utilization among LGBs in three generations of adults who came of
age during different historical contexts. This collection includes public-
and restricted-use files for the baseline, wave 1, and wave 2 data
collected as part of the Generations study.

*Quantifying Gender Identities and Behaviors (Video
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=5a65a50d0c&e=e234a716ba>)*

Jacob Alden Sargent, Associate Director for Instruction and Research for
the Center for Digital Liberal Arts at Occidental College, reviews some of
the challenges in creating gender-inclusive categories in surveys using
real-world examples. This presentation was recorded on September 22, 2020,
as part of the 2020 ICPSR Data Fair: Data In Real Life.

*ICPSR Data Brunch Episode 4: Measuring Transgender Populations (Audio
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=4fca45a06e&e=e234a716ba>)*

Skylar Hawthorne and David Thomas join us to discuss three specific surveys
of the transgender population in the United States, how best to measure
"unseen" populations, and the ideal thickness of French toast.

*National Transgender Discrimination Survey, [United States], 2008-2009
(ICPSR 37888
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=225ac33d0a&e=e234a716ba>)*

This study brings to light what is both patently obvious and far too often
dismissed from the human rights agenda. Transgender and gender
non-conforming people face injustice at every turn: in childhood homes, in
school systems that promise to shelter and educate, in harsh and
exclusionary workplaces, at the grocery store, the hotel front desk, in
doctors' offices and emergency rooms, before judges and at the hands of
landlords, police officers, health care workers, and other service
providers.

*2015 U.S. Transgender Survey (USTS) (ICPSR 37229
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=86a434caae&e=e234a716ba>)*

The 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey (USTS) was conducted by the National
Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) to examine the experiences of
transgender adults in the United States.

*External resources (add to the list
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=0abfe756b1&e=e234a716ba>):*

*Williams Institute
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=7dd9684136&e=e234a716ba>
at UCLA*

The Williams Institute is dedicated to conducting rigorous, independent
research on sexual orientation and gender identity law and public policy.
The Institute disseminates its research to policymakers, judges, the media,
and other stakeholders to ensure that decisions impacting the lives of
millions of LGBT people and families are based on data and facts.

*Extend your research impact: Archive your LGBTQIA+ research with ICPSR*

Do you have data related to the LGBTQIA+ community that you’d like to
archive and share? Consider archiving it with ICPSR so that it may continue
to answer research questions in the years to come. Visit our data deposit
page
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=bf28a01510&e=e234a716ba>
for more information.
[image: Facebook]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=b204801db6&e=e234a716ba>
[image: Twitter]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=1da1c41389&e=e234a716ba>
[image: Website]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=f2298f1142&e=e234a716ba>
[image: Instagram]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=2dbc81ae8a&e=e234a716ba>
[image: YouTube]
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=48caff69b9&e=e234a716ba>
Copyright © 2020 Regents of the University of Michigan

*Our mailing address is:*
ICPSR
University of Michigan
Institute for Social Research
P.O. Box 1248
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-1248

Send questions or comments to ICPSR-help at umich.edu.

Did someone forward you this email? Join the ICPSR Announce email list
<https://umich.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=22efdb2c40e55b8126be00251&id=95bc251c75&e=e234a716ba>
.

<ICPSR-help at umich.edu>.*

--
*Dory Knight-Ingram (she/her)*
*ICPSR Content Manager*

*Membership & Communications**ICPSR - University of Michigan
<http://bit.ly/2L66BGz>*
*dkni at umich.edu <dkni at umich.edu> **| (734) 615-7904*

*Connect with ICPSR on social media*
*Twitter <http://bit.ly/2Ox3cSf>, Facebook