[ICPSR] Data Storytelling and more: Check out the latest ICPSR Bulletin newsletter!

Dory Knight-Ingram dkni at umich.edu
Thu Jul 11 16:48:06 EDT 2019

View this email in your browser <http://bit.ly/2GlO33V>
Summer 2019 | Vol. 39, No. 2

Former ICPSR intern John Leverso (2013), Data Jeff, and ICPSR Director
Margaret Levenstein represented the ICPSR community at the June 12, 2019,
ceremony in Washington for winners of the 2019 National Medal for Museum
Library Service.
A win for the entire ICPSR community

This has been an amazing year, so far, for ICPSR. We were thrilled to
announce that we won a National Medal for Museum Library Service
<http://bit.ly/2NfX5Fs>! Awarded by the Institute of Museum and Library
Services, the medal is the nation’s highest honor given to museums and
libraries that make significant and exceptional contributions to their
communities. We share this achievement with the entire ICPSR community!

Another great moment earlier this year came with our Adopt a Dataset
<http://bit.ly/2KDAGQg> campaign during Love Data Week in February. Not
only were 65 datasets adopted, but a cool new data star (and hashtag) was
born: #DataJeff <http://bit.ly/2ZVavIt>. Follow us on social media to keep
up to data on Data Jeff's latest pursuits.

Also in this edition of the ICPSR Bulletin, you'll find info on our
upcoming 2019 ICPSR Biennial Meeting <http://bit.ly/2NbmlfX>, new data and
projects, and good news about some of the people behind ICPSR. We’ll be
back with another edition in the fall, with even more great ICPSR news to
share after the Biennial Meeting.

Thanks for reading!

Dory Knight-Ingram
Editor
Editor's picks

   - ICPSR 2019 Biennial Meeting: Registration is open, and workshops are
   filling fast (Deadline Sept. 10)! <http://bit.ly/2NbmlfX>
   - Now available: Data from 2015 US Transgender Survey (USTS 2015)
   <http://bit.ly/2NaMpaR>
   - Video: An overview of the 2019 ICPSR Summer Program
   <http://bit.ly/2KF8XyD>
   - #IMLSmedals video: How ICPSR spring-boarded my academic journey
   <http://bit.ly/2Nh2HiH>
   - Video: ICPSR Director Margaret Levenstein announces #IMLSmedals win
   <http://bit.ly/2NdZzE3>
   - Read ICPSR's #IMLSmedals Congratulations Card <http://bit.ly/2NbviWB>

*Introducing ICPSR's 2019 Innovators of the Year!*: Ashley Doonan, Katey
Pillars, Lindsay Blankenship, and Meghan Jacobs, a team of ICPSR data
curators, were recognized for their outstanding efforts to develop data
processing plans to implement ICPSR's new data curation levels.
New projects

   - ICPSR launches StatSnap beta, a new online exploration and analysis
   tool <http://bit.ly/2KENQMV>
   - LinkageLibrary offers a new resource for researchers who merge data
   <http://bit.ly/2KBiJ4E>

ICYMI

   - We've updated our NACDA site for data on aging <http://bit.ly/2KD8Bsb>
   - See the Adopt a Dataset Wall of Honor <http://bit.ly/2KDAGQg>
   - Research community extending impact of initiatives to manage backlogs
   of sexual assault kits <http://bit.ly/2KD6VyT>

People

   - ICPSR Announces Winners of 2019 Research Paper Competitions
   <http://bit.ly/2KLchbF>
   - Remembering former ICPSR project manager Darrell Donakowski
   <http://bit.ly/2KDMulg>
   - Libby Hemphill in new class of Anti-Defamation League's Belfer Fellows
   <http://bit.ly/2KD4iNx>
   - Congratulations to Our UROP Student! <http://bit.ly/2KDbYzx>

The ICPSR Research Paper Competitions <http://bit.ly/2WQ4ZsD> accept
entries of papers for analyses on any topic using data from ICPSR. The
purpose of the competitions is to highlight exemplary research papers based
on quantitative analysis that uses ICPSR data. We invite submissions from
students and recent graduates at ICPSR member institutions.

[image: Twitter] <http://twitter.com/icpsr> [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/ICPSR/43191688396> [image: Twitter]
<http://www.youtube.com/user/ICPSRWeb> [image: Follow us on Instagram]
<https://www.instagram.com/theicpsr/>

ICPSR
University of Michigan
330 Packard
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

<https://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/content/about/lists/icpsr-announce.html>

--
*Dory Knight-Ingram*
*Senior Editor, **ICPSR - University of Michigan