[ICPSR] Two weeks left for submissions to ICPSR Research Paper Competition

Dan Meisler dmeisler at umich.edu
Thu Jan 17 10:33:10 EST 2013

Students:  Have you just completed a research paper?

Faculty:  Have you just read an outstanding research paper?

Why not submit it to The ICPSR Research Paper Competition
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/content/ICPSR/prize/index.html>?

ICPSR invites submissions for our 2013 Research Paper Competition from
undergraduates and master’s students at member institutions.

*The deadline for submissions is January 31!*

The purpose of the competitions is to highlight exemplary research
papers based on quantitative analysis. We are holding three contests
this year:

The ICPSR Research Paper Competition, for analyses on any topic using
data from the ICPSR General
Archive<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/ICPSR/index.jsp>or
Thematic Collections
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/content/membership/partners/archives.html>.

The IFSS Research Paper Competition, for analyses on any topic using
data from the Integrated Fertility Survey
Series<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/IFSS/>

The RCMD Research Paper Competition, for analyses on issues relating
to minorities in the United States, including immigrants, using data
from the Resource Center for Minority Data.
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/RCMD/>

All competitions are open to students currently pursuing or who
recently received undergraduate or master’s degrees.

*The awards are $1,000 for first place and $750 for second place in
each category.*

More information is found
here:http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/content/ICPSR/prize/index.html

--

Dan Meisler, editor
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research