[ICPSR] [OR-Announce] Research Data Alliance Second Plenary Announcement

Mark Thompson-Kolar mdmtk at umich.edu
Fri Aug 23 13:59:10 EDT 2013

*Second Plenary of the Research Data Alliance*

*National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC*

*September 16–18, 2013*

** **

The Research Data Alliance invites participants from all walks of the
research/data world to join us at the National Academy of Sciences for our
Second Plenary!****

** **

--Experience fantastic keynote speakers—including Tom Kalil of the White
House Office Science and Technology Policy, John Wilbanks of Sage
Bionetworks and Carole Palmer, Univ. of Illinois****

--Rub elbows with individuals from supporting agencies like the US National
Science Foundation, the US National Institute of Standards and Technology,
the European Commission, and the Department of Innovation through the
Australian National Data Service (ANDS)****

--Meet influencers from organizations like ESIP, CODATA, Microsoft
Research, and W3C.****

--Share your work and learn about others’ efforts at our poster session****

--Join our hands-on working sessions, breakouts of the Working and Interest
Groups (https://www.rd-alliance.org/working-and-interest-groups.html)****

--Stay on for the DataCite meeting (
https://www.rd-alliance.org/2013-datacite-summer-meeting.html)****

** **

*Register for the RDA Second Plenary today—and help define global
infrastructure in the fields that you most care about!* Sign up at
https://www.rd-alliance.org/future-events.