[ICPSR] ICPSR Research Paper Competition

Sue Hodge shodge at umich.edu
Tue Nov 1 13:17:18 EDT 2011

ICPSR invites submissions for our 2012 Research Paper Competitions from
undergraduates and master's students at member institutions.

*         The ICPSR Research Paper Competition, for analyses on any
topic using data from the ICPSR General Archive
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/ICPSR/access/index.jsp>  or
Thematic Collections
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/ICPSR/partners/archives.jsp> .

*         The IFSS Research Paper Competition, for analyses on any topic
using data from the Integrated Fertility Survey Series
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/IFSS/> .

*         The RCMD Research Paper Competition, for analyses on issues
relating to minorities in the United States, including immigrants, using
data from the Resource Center for Minority Data.
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/RCMD/>

The purpose of these competitions is to highlight student research
papers using IFSS, RCMD, or ICPSR data. The objective is to encourage
students to explore the social sciences by means of critical analysis of
a topic supported by quantitative analysis of a dataset(s) held within
ICPSR, IFSS, or the RCMD archive and presented in written form.
Undergraduates or master's competition entries could be papers written
for a capstone course, a senior seminar, or any writing intensive course
for which the student uses quantitative data analysis to support or
refute a hypothesis. A master's thesis could be appropriate provided
that the terms above are met.

Competitions awards are $1,000 for first place and $750 for second
place. The deadline for submission is January 31, 2012. For more
information, submission guidelines, and promotional posters, please
visit the competition Web site
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/ICPSR/prize/index.jsp> . Please
share this exciting opportunity with your faculty and students!

Best regards,

Sue Hodge

Suzanne Hodge

ICPSR Instructional Resources

734-615-7850 voice

734-647-8700 fax

shodge at umich.edu

www.icpsr.umich.edu

www.teachingwithdata.org

"Love, then, is our principle; order our basis; and progress our ends."
Auguste Comte