[ICPSR] Spring DataBytes

Matthew A. Richardson matvey at icpsr.umich.edu
Tue May 24 09:37:50 EDT 2011

Having trouble viewing this message? Links disabled? Click or copy:
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/files/ICPSR/enewsletters/2011-05-20.html

In This Issue

Spring into ICPSR for a Bit!
Budding Researchers Win ICPSR Research Paper Competitions!
OR Toolbox - Full Text Linking
Considering a Spring or Summer Workshop on Your Campus? - Materials Provided!
Or Let Us Do the Work -- shop!
The Interns Are Coming
ICPSR Intern Alumni - Where Are They Now?
Data-Driven Learning Guides in Bloom
Think Spring -- Plan for Fall:  The 2011 OR Meeting
You're Cordially Invited!
ICPSR Events
Upcoming conferences &
Council meetings

Get Connected!
The ICPSR Blog
ICPSR on Facebook
Email Subscriptions
ICPSR on del.icio.us
ICPSR on YouTube

Membership Bits

Current membership count: 702

# ICPSR Facebook Fans: 428

# Twitter Followers: 428

This newsletter was broadcast on behalf of:

ICPSR
University of Michigan
330 Packard
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Feedback

Manage your subscription

Spring into ICPSR for a Bit!

It is spring in Ann Arbor and ICPSR is blossoming with many bits and bytes to share!

Budding Researchers Win ICPSR Research Paper Competitions!

ICPSR is pleased to announce the first-place winners of the 2011 ICPSR Research Paper Competitions: Tommaso Pavone, University of Michigan, Undergraduate Competition; Sayon Deb, Boston University, Master's Competition; and Whitney Boyer, Washington University in St. Louis, Resource Center for Minority Data Paper Competition. It's not too early to start researching for the 2012 competitions!

OR Toolbox - Full Text Linking

ICPSR recently changed the way we provide access to full-text articles via Open URL. We no longer ask members to submit a link to their institution's full-text linking service page. We now use a linking system available through OCLC's WorldCat.

Considering a Spring or Summer Workshop on Your Campus? - Materials Provided!

Planning a workshop about ICPSR on your campus but not sure where to start? ICPSR has updated its workshop presentation and other promotional materials all available for download or order. Customizable promotional posters and email/newsletter content are also posted and ready for download. In addition, you can find our presentations for download on slideshare.net - search for "ICPSR."

Or Let Us Do the Work -- shop!

Would you like an in-depth orientation to a particular data collection or data teaching tool? Request a live webinar for your institution. You name the date, time, and content, and ICPSR staff will broadcast for you live!

The Interns Are Coming

On June 6, 2011, ICPSR will welcome four outstanding undergraduate interns who will experience ICPSR and the Summer Program for 10 weeks and complete a research project. Incoming interns are: Jasmine Coleman, Drew University, Madison, NJ; Toby Flint, Hasting College, Hastings, NE; Quentin Karpilow, Kenyon College, Gambier, OH; and Emmi Obara, Reed College, Portland, OR. See details on the ICPSR internship.

ICPSR Intern Alumni - Where Are They Now?

Washington, DC; Chicago; Georgia; Okinawa, Japan. Check out where ICPSR's 2010 interns are headed now.

Data-Driven Learning Guides in Bloom

ICPSR's Online Learning Center is pleased to announce the release of eight new Data-Driven Learning Guides (DDLGs). DDLGs were designed by teaching faculty and geared toward building data literacy in undergraduate classrooms.

Think Spring -- Plan for Fall: The 2011 OR Meeting

Register now for the 2011 OR Meeting to be held October 5-7. This year's conference theme is "ICPSR: Building on 50 Years of Leadership," and the meeting will serve as the launch of ICPSR's 50 Year Anniversary celebration.

You're Cordially Invited!

Heading to the 2011 American Sociological Association meeting in Las Vegas in August? Or how about the 2011 American Political Science Association meeting in Seattle in September? ICPSR will host receptions at each in honor of our 50th year in data management, and you're invited! Stop by our exhibit booth to pick up tickets for entry or watch for registration links on Facebook and Twitter. Refreshments and networking will be served!