[ICPSR] An SSDAN Webinar: Teaching with Contingency Tables

Linda Detterman lindamd at umich.edu
Fri Jan 14 15:34:33 EST 2011

Hello!

On January 20th, SSDAN will host the third round of the first
installment of our Webinar series! This edition will focus on "Teaching
with Contingency Tables," featuring our new and improved DataCounts!
site and WebCHIP 3.0 software. If you have ever wondered how to easily
teach students how to interpret and manipulate U.S. Census data, then
you are welcome to participate! We are providing the opportunity for
educators to experience the Webinar on Thursday, January 20th from 2.00
to 3.00pm (EST).

Bill Frey will lead the webinar, using the latest American Community
Survey data with our WebCHIP software.  Participants will learn how to
create frequency tables, cross tabulations, charts and graphs using
specialized SSDAN datasets.  After the initial instruction, SSDAN team
members will be on hand to provide individual attention to participants
as they complete an exercise and navigate their way through WebCHIP.
Please see the attached invitation letter for more information.

We are still accepting RSVPs from new participants, and wanted to send
you the invitation to pass onto your colleagues, new faculty, graduate
students or any other individuals you think would be interested in
attending.  To RSVP, participants simply need to email
ssdan at isr.umich.edu by January 18, 2011.  (You should also use this
email address to request access to the recording.)

We greatly appreciate your support with this project, and look forward
to cultivating a new group of SSDAN users!

Sincerely,

The SSDAN Team

--
Social Science Data Analysis Network (SSDAN)
Institute for Social Research

All questions regarding this webinar should be directed to SSDAN at:
ssdan at isr.umich.edu