[ICPSR] ICPSR Webinar Series: Spice Up Your Lecture with Inquiry-based Learning

Linda Detterman lindamd at umich.edu
Tue Feb 1 13:01:57 EST 2011

 <http://img.gotomeeting.com/g2mimages/1x1.gif>

 <http://www2.gotomeeting.com/g2w/images/391775107/149591954294254293/embed.jpg>

"ICPSR Webinar Series: Spice Up Your Lecture with Inquiry-based Learning"

Join us for a Webinar on February 23

 <https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/391775107>

Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/391775107

Tired of the Tried-and-True?

If you’ve hit the point in the semester where your classes have fallen into routines and you’d like to spice things up a bit, this Webinar is for you!  Inquiry-based learning is becoming an academic buzz-word as instructors continue to find that this technique promotes greater student interest and learning.  We will show how to use resources in TeachingWithData.org to bring inquiry into social science courses beyond research methods.  (Maybe we’ll even slip in some hints about using it in methods/statistics courses as well!)   Resources demonstrated will be easy to use and fit within almost any course structure.

This webinar is free and open to the public.

Not receiving these invitations directly?  Opt-in to ICPSR's email list here: http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/ICPSR/org/lists/icpsr-announce.jsp

Title:

"ICPSR Webinar Series: Spice Up Your Lecture with Inquiry-based Learning"

	Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Time:

	1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer

 <http://img.gotomeeting.com/g2mimages/1x1.gif>

 <http://www2.gotomeeting.com/g2w/emailtracking/invitation/391775107>