[ICPSR] ICPSR kicks off 50th anniversary celebration with reception, Web site

Dan Meisler dmeisler at isr.umich.edu
Fri Aug 19 09:44:28 EDT 2011

ICPSR is proud to kick off the celebration of our 50th anniversary with a
reception <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5HKPP2V>  at the American
Sociological Association in Las Vegas on Sunday, and the launch of a Web
site <http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/fifty>  recounting the history of the
Consortium.

The Web site features a personal history written by former interim Director
Erik Austin, who retired in 2006 after 41 years at ICPSR; video interviews
with several current and former Consortium leaders; and profiles of current
staff members and researchers.

The site also lists upcoming celebratory events, including receptions at
various professional meetings, the Official Representatives meeting in
October, and a symposium in June 2012 featuring Nobel laureate and former
ICPSR Council member Elinor Ostrom.

We hope you enjoy the Web site, and can join us at some of our 50th
anniversary celebrations!

Dan Meisler, editor
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research
University of Michigan
734-615-7904
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu