[ICPSR] From ICPSR - an SSDAN Webinar- March 16, 2010

Linda Detterman lindamd at umich.edu
Mon Mar 8 13:49:07 EST 2010

Dear Official and Designated Representatives and friends of ICPSR:  This
webinar invitation comes from our colleagues at SSDAN.

The Social Science Data Analysis Network invites you to:

"Teaching With Contingency Tables" Webinar

On March 16, SSDAN will host the second installment of our Webinar
series! This edition will focus on "Teaching with Contingency Tables,"
featuring our new and improved DataCounts! site and WebCHIP software. If
you have ever wondered how to easily teach students how to interpret and
manipulate U.S. Census data, then you are welcome to participate! We are
providing the opportunity for educators to experience the Webinar on
Tuesday, March 16 from 1 to 2:30pm (EST).

The Webinar

Led by demographer William Frey, Director of SSDAN and Senior Fellow at
the Brookings Institution, participants will learn the value of teaching
with data through contingency tables and see an interactive
demonstration of SSDAN analysis tools found on DataCounts!. Then,
participants will work on activities and receive individual guidance
from SSDAN research team members.

Benefits for Instructors

Participants will use data from the American Community Survey to learn
how to make frequency charts, create cross-tabulations, use control
variables, and display data in charts and graphs using the user-friendly
WebCHIP software. Instructors will discover how easy and effective it is
to incorporate social data into the classroom using SSDAN materials.

Please RSVP by 12PM (EST), March 15 to ssdan at isr.umich.edu

Also, please forward this invitation onto any colleagues, faculty,
graduate students or friends who may be interested in attending. We look
forward to your participation!

Thank you,

The SSDAN Team

ssdan at isr.umich.edu

Social Science Data Analysis Network

Population Studies Center   Institute for Social Research University of
Michigan

426 Thompson Street  Ann Arbor, MI 48104

734-634-4064  ssdan at isr.umich.edu