[ICPSR] ICPSR Webinar: Get Set-Up! - Creating set-up files for SPSS

Linda Detterman lindamd at umich.edu
Mon Jan 19 10:18:01 EST 2009

 <http://img.gotomeeting.com/g2mimages/1x1.gif>

 <http://www2.gotomeeting.com/g2w/images/684102132/115343204414571698/embed.jpg>

ICPSR Webinar: Get Set-Up! - Creating set-up files for SPSS

Join us for a Webinar on January 27

 <https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/684102132>

Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/684102132

Does the idea of dealing with raw data give you a headache?  This webinar is a step-by-step demonstration of how to create a set-up file for an ICPSR study. You will learn how to begin with an ASCII data file and transform it into a file that’s ready to use in SPSS.

We will create a simple  set-up file  for a dataset .  We will consider important issues in creating a set-up file, make decisions about how to proceed when faced with challenges, and explore alternatives if appropriate. This webinar describes the necessary parts of a simple set-up file and where to find the needed information in the study’s codebook.

This webinar is open to the public.  Please share this invitation with all those interested.

Title:

ICPSR Webinar: Get Set-Up! - Creating set-up files for SPSS

	Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Time:

	1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista

Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer

 <http://img.gotomeeting.com/g2mimages/1x1.gif>

 <http://www2.gotomeeting.com/g2w/emailtracking/invitation/684102132>