[ICPSR Announcements] ICPSR Announces the 2007/2008 Undergraduate Research Paper Competition Winners!

List for people who wish to receive ICPSR announcements icpsr-announce at icpsr.umich.edu
Fri Apr 25 07:56:15 EDT 2008

ICPSR would like to congratulate the winners of its annual Undergraduate
Research Paper Competitions!  These winners were selected out of 10
well-written submissions.

The winning paper titles, students, and institutions are found below.
Abstracts and full-text can be found in the 2008 Winners section of the
competition website: http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/ICPSR/prize/index.html
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/ICPSR/prize/index.html>

1st Place - MDRC Competition: Intergenerational Class Mobility by Race:
Can the Black Middle Class Reproduce Itself?; Sarah Ireland, Yale
University

 ICPSR Competition:

1st Place: Examining the Economic Basis of Ethical Vegetarianism; Poh
Lin Tan, Princeton University

2nd Place: The Effect of Property Taxes on Elderly Residential
Geography: A County-Level Analysis; Corina Mommaerts, University of
Michigan

3rd Place:  Manipulating the "Truth": The Unintended Consequences of
Truth-in-Sentencing Laws in California, 1992-1996; Caroline M. Savello,
Yale University

Please note that the website has been updated to reflect the upcoming
competition for the 2008/2009 academic year.  We encourage you to share
this information with your campus community early and often!

Once again, congratulations to our winning authors and their
institutions!

Linda Detterman
Marketing & Membership Director
ICPSR